You are here
Indigenous Notes Issue 1, 2017
It is hard to believe that on September 13, 2017, a decade will have passed since the United Nations adopted the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Over the last ten years, we have continued our work to ensure the promises in the Declaration are realized and, in spite of some challenges, we have seen some good progress in laws, policies, and practices locally and internationally.
In Other News
The Permanent Missions of Bolivia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru to the Organization of American States (OAS), in consultation with all member states of the OAS, are developing a proposal for a Plan of Action on the American Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (ADRIP). The group is taking comments and suggestions in five areas:
1. Dissemination and Education on the ADRIP
2. Implementation of the ADRIP
3. Capacity Building for States, Indigenous Peoples and Civil Society
4. Sustainable Development of Indigenous Peoples
5. Exchange of Best Practices and Experiences
Click here to add your comments.